Zoom has a feature allowing participants to annotate the shared screen (to highlight areas in question, or pool answers on a whiteboard).
This can be very disruptive, however, if anonymous students suddenly realise they can sprinkle your lecture slides with scribbles and emojis… 🙂
To remove unwanted annotations during a lecture:
- access the shared screen “Annotate” menu;
- Select Clear > Clear all drawings.
To disable student annotations during a lecture:
- Access the shared screen “More” menu;
- Choose “Disable participants’ annotations;
- Optionally, choose show names of annotators to identify the artist (the name appears when you move the cursor over the drawing);
Happy Zooming! 🙂