Bilkent University is switching to distance learning in all courses and classes starting 23rd of March, 2020. All video conference meetings for the courses will start on their regular scheduled days and hours. Your AIRS course schedules are in effect and teachers are expected to stick to this schedule for starting their video meetings since students will join video meetings at those times (BAIS email 21 March 2020).
Important! Please read the following notice (05/04/2020) carefully: Bilkent Zoom Classes Are Now Password Protected.
Hosting Scheduled Classes – Use Bilkent Classroom Zoom Accounts
Briefly, to teach a scheduled Bilkent class via Zoom, teachers should:
- install Zoom software on their computer, tablet or mobile device (see Get Zoom);
- prepare a suitable work space, computer, and internet connection (see Preparing for a Zoom Class and How Can I Improve My Zoom Experience?).
- (when starting a class) sign out of their personal/previous class Zoom account and then sign in to the Bilkent Classroom Zoom Account details for the scheduled class room and time shown in AIRS/BUSEL (see Use a Bilkent Classroom Zoom Account);
Hosting Other Meetings – Use Your Personal Zoom Account
Teachers can use their personal Zoom accounts (see Get a Zoom Account) to:
- host individual student tutorials;
- hold virtual “office hours”;
- record a lesson presentation outside of scheduled class time;
- host/attend departmental meetings.